Yes, Slack is fantastic and its meteoric rise is flat-out incredible, but their promo video is equally awesome. Here's why:
- It's funny. Give people something they'll actually want to watch.
- It's well-produced, but not over-produced. So many product promo videos are either too DIY or too slick. Slack hits the sweet spot.
- It highlights the product through story. A story that shows how the product is used and the benefits it affords is more effective than a feature rundown.
- It showcases real users. Real users win every time. No actors. No stock footage.
- The featured user is the target customer. This seems like a no brainer but next time you watch a promo video ask yourself if the people in the video accurately reflect what you interpret to be the target customer.